Today, I want to give a shout-out to the in-house gurus and evangelists. This week, I’ve spoken with three different organizations where an in-house guru has stepped up to support their marketing efforts.
- They’re someone who know their field thoroughly;
- They’ve built relational credibility (both inside and outside the organization); and
- They’ve earned trust. the things they’ve long predicted are now swiftly coming to pass.
In-house gurus typically don’t fit neatly into a company’s organizational chart. But they can be a real asset, especially in times where buyers are looking for credibility and authenticity.
If you’re on the marketing side of the house, think about your in-house gurus.
- Who are they?
- How can you shine a spotlight on them in the current environment?
- And how can get you get them interacting with prospects and customers.
Get them an audience, and the conversations they spark will help fill your sales team’s pipeline.